Lafayette based company has an immediate opening in it’s accounting dept. for an individual with either an accounting or finance degree. Newly degreed individuals with 1 year of work related experience are encouraged to apply. This is a full time career move. The following is a representation of some of the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Assemble, review, verify, and code payables and credit card transactions
- Flag and clarify invoice items or prices
- Prepare and perform check runs after receiving approvals
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Monitor statements to ensure payments are up to date
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Provide data entry support and assistance to accounting team and leadership with routine tasks and projects
- Maintain and monitor fixed assets records
- Additional accounting duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Must have understanding of company processes, financial system functionality, and apply accounting and business knowledge, and reasoning ability
- Must be proficient with accounting and financial software (e.g. Excel, QuickBooks, Peachtree)
- Advanced ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to implement and complete action plans.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Positive Attitude
- Flexible and willingness to accept additional responsibility
This position will give the right applicant, with time, the experience and skills needed to advance their career.
Work week is M-F 8-5 with benefit package.
Must be able to pass a pre employment drug screen and back ground check. Must have verifiable proof of degree in hand. Must provide 2 business related supervisor references.
Compensation is 40-45K annually Depending on experience.